This SQL exercise is a part of a section dedicated for data analysts , providing data analysis tasks that require both business understanding and technical skills.
About this Exercise
In the Online Advertising Market, a merchant who wants to advertise a new product, can contact different publishers (such as Google or Facebook) and pay them for placing an ad (such as a banner, or video) in their platform.
In return, the online advertising platform gives the merchant metrics to help him measure his ad performance :
- Clicks – Click happens when someone sees the ad and clicks on it, going to the website for more information.
- Conversions – After that someone landed on the website, conversion happens when an action (you have defined as a converting action) takes place, for example: online purchase or a call to the business from a mobile phone
ERD General Description
The following database simulates data of an online advertising platform.
- Within the Ads table you’ll find data regarding the various ads
- Advertisers table lists the different advertisers
- Clicks reflects the data regarding the clicks on every ad
- Conversions table lists the clicked conversions