This SQL exercise is a part of a section dedicated for data analysts , providing data analysis tasks that require both business understanding and technical skills.
About this Exercise
StanCord in an academic institute located in the UK. in this exercise you’re going to explore its database, and analyze data related to courses, classes, lecturers, and students.
ERD general description
This databases consists of four tables :
- Lecturers table provides detail regarding the different lecturers
- Students table lists the different students
- Courses table indicates the various courses that can be taken (by students)
- Classes table lists the the different classes that were taken by students.
- student_id is a Foreign Key of Students, lecturer_id is a foreign key of Lecturers, course_id is a foreign key of Courses
- The combination of: class_id, course_id, lecturer_id, and student_id makes a Primary Key
- grade_test_a is the class score on the first attempt, grade_test_b is the class score on the second attempt, grade_test_a is the class score on the third, the final score is determined by the score of the latest attempt (whether its better or worse than the previous ones)